Lucozade Energy (Suntory Beverage & Food GB&I) and THINKHOUSE have just launched the brand’s biggest ever Summer campaign. The 2023 platform is a refreshing take on the music cues and culture of Summer, pairing perfect summer music moments with Ireland’s No. 1 soft drink*. With a flavour for every music moment, Lucozade is truly the refreshing taste of Ireland’s Summer!
Sounds of the Summer
Through research done at THINKHOUSE, a key insight was unlocked showing the connection between Ireland’s fav parts of Summer and music. Lucozade Energy (with a portfolio that brings a distinctive, refreshing boost to everyday moments) perfectly matches the positive, sunshine-filled, musical vibe of Summer. And so the perfect duet was born with Lucozade Energy bringing Sounds of the Summer to life across the wider media mix.
“We were looking for a bold, disruptive platform idea to activate all Summer long, and THINKHOUSE worked with Mindshare to deliver big with this innovative music-themed concept that lives all throughout the media mix. We're proud to bring Lucozade Energy fans the inspiration to take their summer to the next level by partnering with amazing Irish artists (like Yasmin Gardezi and Sello) to create their ‘Sounds of the Summer’ playlist. And of course, every Summer moment is best served with the ice-cold taste of Lucozade Energy,” said Sara Philpot, Senior Brand Manager at Lucozade Energy.
Creatively THINKHOUSE brought a fresh, innovative approach to comms assets and design, integrating visual and sound cues from music culture. The design combines Lucozade and Spotify brand elements for the ultimate summer collab. Key highlights from the campaign include:
- A full suite of Lucozade Energy branded OOH, DOOH, Social & Digital content assets inspired by Summer playlists
- Lucozade Energy has partnered with Spotify and five influential Artists and DJs from the Irish music scene to create curated summer playlists (housed on Lucozade’s Summer Spotify page.)
- The campaign launched with talkability through a music-themed PR drop to media and a selection of Irish music artists and influencers. The Sounds of The Summer Set included ice-cold bottles of Lucozade, a portable music speaker and a Spotify code to access to our first summer playlist.
- Lucozade Energy will be running a social-first competition to Lucozade Energy’s fans the opportunity to win tickets to some of the hottest music gigs and festivals of the summer.
- Keep an ear (and an eye!) out for our innovative Contextual Ad placements across IRL and Digital media, all rooted in music culture. You’ll see our OOH on a Golden Square on Wexford St, roadside placements at the festivals en route to Marley Park. It’s unmissable on transport media across the main cities of Ireland as well as being ubiquitous through 48 sheets and roadside six sheets plus audio on Spotify and streaming platforms throughout the Summer.
Media is planned by Mindshare.
Lucozade Energy's Greatest Hits
THINKHOUSE and Lucozade Energy (Suntory Beverage & Food GB &I) have been in partnership for over five years working in Ireland and the UK across insights, research and strategy, creative, OOH, digital and social content, PR & influencers, events and in-store promotions.
Lucozade Energy has it all, and it shows. Not only is Lucozade Energy Ireland’s no. 1 Energy Drink (Checkout Top 100 Brands 2022, in association with NielsenIQ) but the brand has also topped the soft drink category in Ireland as the no. 1 soft drink (*March 2023, more units sold YTD than any other soft drinks brand.)
And now our 'Sounds of the Summer' campaign has won "Marketing Campaign of the Year" in the ShelfLife National C-Store Awards in November 2023.